Best Practice: How to promote a good psychological work climate
- Promote a work climate of professionalism, objectivity, sincerity, trust, mutual respect, and mutual support. This may start with the school leader as a model of good behaviour.
- Encourage more experienced teachers to guide the less experienced without the latter fearing reproach or ridicule, for instance, if they need to ask questions.
- Be fair and impartial in all matters. Favouritism, prejudices and unfairness act as poison to a good work climate.
- Make the teachers work as a team or more teams in the case of large schools. For example, organise pupil projects across classes, common projects among teachers to improve teaching or school upkeep, common meetings and social events, etc.
- Maintain a high order of integrity and ethics in the school. Adhere strictly to the Code of Conduct.
- Allow no form of bullying or harassment in the school environment.
- Facilitate opportunities for learning, training and development.