Best Practice: How school leaders may enrich a teacher's job
- Provide leadership that encourages and motivates teachers.
- Facilitate the teacher’s job by ensuring that teaching materials, tools and equipment are user-friendly, updated and easily available.
- Provide well dimensioned classrooms and spaces for teachers to work and socialise in.
- Create a good social environment for teachers and a climate of trust and mutual respect.
- Encourage creativity and innovation in teaching (making the job more fun).
- Delegate responsibilities to teachers and create a sense of ownership to the school.
- Stimulate subject interests and academic pursuits amongst teachers.
- Provide counselling and mentoring.