- A new teacher is required to complete an induction training programme during his or her probation period.
- The induction training must familiarise the new teacher with the education sector, the teaching profession, teacher rights and responsibilities, the work of a teacher and the school’s learning approach and environment.
- For TTC based induction training: A TTC graduate will be provided with information on induction training after having passed examinations at the TTC.
- For workplace-based induction training: the new teacher will be informed about the induction training after deployment to a specific school.
- School leaders or experienced teachers assigned as mentors require mentoring skills and should have completed the mentoring course offered by the TSC.