Process: How to apply for promotion
- The School Leader and/or SMC/BoG/Education secretary recommends a teacher for promotion.
- Or, the teacher can apply to the School Leader for promotion, who, if supportive, recommends the promotion.
- In primary schools the head teacher writes to the TSC-DO with the recommendation.
- In secondary schools the Principal writes a recommendation to the board.
- The recommendation is submitted to TSC-HQ.
- TSC-HQ reviews the teacher’s portfolio and other criteria.
- The Quality Assurance Committee also examines the portfolio and other criteria.
- If TSC approves, the TSC processes the promotion and updates information in the Teacher Database, informs the Accountant General’s Office, etc.